Accession number: 2000.042.001
Object type: Hockey
Narrative: The artifact is part of a uniform with identifiable colours and markings worn by members of the Morrison School Hockey Team during their games. Morrison School was located on St Ninian Street, Antigonish and opened to students on November 12, 1917. It's namesake was James Morrison, Bishop of the Diocese and it served the male students of the Town of Antigonish. Teddy Robertson was a Vice Principal at Morrison School in the 1930's, taught Biology, and encouraged sports including hockey. He worked with the students to build a rink behind the school and could be seen late at night flooding the ice. The hockey program at the school began January 31, 1930 and continued until the 1950's.
Description: Men's pullover sweater with crew neckline and long sleeves. It is a black knit with two thin white stripes at the waistline and biceps. The neckline has a thin band of white, while both wrists have a thick band of white knit. A large felt 'M' is sewn to the top centre of the chest.