Agreement
Agreement
Image use must be for education or personal purposes only.
The contributing institution must be credited.
DesBrisay Museum

Agreement


Accession number: 2019.4.1.7
Category: Legal Documents
Object type: Contract
Date: March 26 1960 – May 31 1961
Materials: Paper
Measurements: 27 cm L x 21 cm W
Subject: Bridgewater, Sports, Tennis, Bridgewater Tennis Club, Nova Scotia Lawn Tennis Association, Tennis Instructor, Contract, Ian M. Campbell
Narrative: The Bridgewater Tennis Club was organized in 1890 with the first president being Mr. Robert A. Logan, making it the second oldest tennis club in Canada.  The President eventually was succeeded by W. H. Owen.  The first secretary was Mr. H. T. Ross, K.C.   Later on the ladies were admitted to membership.  The first field was rented from the late Judge M.B. DesBrisay. (1828-1900).  In 1902 the property was purchased and held for the Club by trustees.  Until 1910 grass courts were used and eventually they installed clay courts.  The club was incorporated by special act of the legislature in 1910 and was organized with the regulation by-laws and ground rules.  The club also had on its large grounds two sets of quoit beds.  The Nova Scotia Provincial Tennis Association held their tournament at Bridgewater in 1911.  The club is still active and plays on the Maple Street courts at the Kinsmen Field.
Description: Typewritten on ivory coloured paper.  Two agreements between the Bridgewater Tennis Club and the Nova Scotia Lawn Tennis Association for services of Mr. R. C. J. Gonsalves, tennis instructor.  Signed by J. A. Bergasse of the Bridgewater Tennis Club.
History of Use: Used to document agreement between two parties for services.