Accession number: 2017.16.1
Date: 1807 – 1885
Materials: wood; ceramic pull
Measurements: 55 cm L x 45.6 cm W x 71 cm H
Description: the table has four narrow straight legs, one drawer with a ceramic pull and a flat top
History of Use: the table was part of the furnishings of 'the Blockhouse', an early fortification on a high hill overlooking the harbour; George Bethune Mitchell, a merchant, purchased the land and building in 1807 and the property remained in the Mitchell family until it was sold to John Wister of Philadelphia in 1885; the table was kept by Mitchell family descendants until it was gifted to Lordly House in 2017.