Image use must be for education or personal purposes only.
The contributing institution must be credited.
Randall House - Wolfville Historical Society

Charger


Accession number: BI57.1.528
Category: Serving vessel
Date: 1750 – 1800
Materials: Metal, pewter
Measurements: 42 cm Diameter
Marks/Label:

Faint remains of a touchmark on the bottom: a scallop shell with writing around it.

Description: A large pewter round serving plate, also called a charger.
History of Use: The touchmark suggests that this charger was made by Henry Joseph of London between 1750 and 1800 for the American trade.