Addressentrance to Station Road
Southampton, Cumberland, NS, Canada
Business Category: Textile Milling
Products: tweeds, homespuns, blankets, flannels, horse rugs, yarns
Dates Founded: 1903
Remarks: E.G. Lewis - president and O.B. Shurman - vice president and manager ran this steam-powered plant with 1 set cards, 1 custom card, 2 narrow and 2 broad looms, 440 spindles and a dyehouse. The mill was abandoned in 1920 and the site was later occupied by Nova Scotia Hardwoods Product Co.
Remarks Source: 1. Canadian Textile Directory. 1907-08. 2. Brown, Roger David. Historic Cumberland County. Images of Our Past Series. Nimbus Publishing. Halifax. 2002.