AddressWhite Rock, Kings, NS, Canada
Business Category: Grain Milling, Sawmilling
Remarks: Operated a lumber and grist mill. Some have speculated that it is in the location of one of the first mills that ended up in Stephen P Benjamin's hands. May have had more than one location, like Stephen P did. Likely formed within a few years of his arrival with the planters around 1760.
Remarks Source: 1. Church, A.F. Map of Nova Scotia, Kings Co. 1872.
2. Eaton. History of Kings County.
3. De Coste, John A. History of Aylesford.
4. Davison, James Doyle. Mud Creek.
5. Ferguson, Mabel G. A History and Geography of Kings County.
6. Chittick, H. Hantsport on Avon.
7. Nichols, Mabel G. The Devil's Half-Acre.
8. Annapolis Valley Affiliated Board of Trade Catalogue.
9. Nova Scotia Trade Directory and/or McAlpine's Directory. 1886, 1907, 1926, 1958.
10. The Western Chronicle. 1891.
11. 2013 interview with Craig Morrison, descendant of Obed Benjamin