Image use must be for education or personal purposes only.
The contributing institution must be credited.
Lordly House Museum

Chair


Accession number: 2017.16.2
Date: 1807 – 1885
Materials: wood
Measurements: 45.3 cm W x 89 cm H x 41.6 cm Depththe width refers to the widest part of the seat
History of Use: the chair was among the furnishings of 'The Blockhouse," an early fortification on a high hhill overlooking Chester's Front Harbour; George Bethune Mitchell, a merchant, purchased the land and building in 1807; the property remained in the Mitchell family until it was sold to John Wister of Philadelphia in 1885; the chair was kept by Mitchell family descendants until it was gifted to Lordly House in 2017.